Who can apply?
The Startup in Residence programme is open to startups, scale-ups, social enterprises and innovative small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). We use the term ‘Startup’ as an umbrella for all these types.
In addition, the business must be registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce or a similar chamber in its country. The business must have no more than ten salaried employees.
Note: you can submit your application through the Starthubs platform. You will find a link to the application form on each challenge page.
- Applications are open from February 13th until April 1st (17:00).
- You can start your application by clicking on ‘apply’ button on the challenge pages. This will redirect you to Starthubs.co.
- The application will cover the basics of your startup and the solution you offer to the challenge. You can apply in both English and Dutch.
- The provincie Zuid-Holland will organise an information meet-up on March 22nd to give you a better understanding of the challenge.
- A number of applications per challenge will be selected to present their solution to the selection committee.
- The final decision will be made based on the bid, the pitch, and the responses to the questions asked by the assessment committee.
See the timeline of our 2019 programma
The assessment committee consists of representatives from the programme, experts on innovation and entrepreneurship, and the civil servants responsible for the specific challenges.
The assessment committee invites any number of startups per challenge to pitch for the assessment committee. It is up to the startups to decide on how they will do this (pitch, film, etc.), but they have a time limit of 10 minutes. After the pitch, the assessment committee will get the opportunity to ask questions for 20 minutes. The startups will be selected based on these 30 minutes and their application.
The assessment committee will arrive unanimously at one integral score based on the three criteria described below.