New urban challenges will be launched April 10th and startups can sign up until May 22nd 2018. To give you a sneak preview and chance to start brainstorming, the following are a few of this year’s topics:
- Upcycling electronic waste
- Reducing food waste at organized lunches
- Uber-like transportation for people with disabilities
- Counting visitor numbers at free events
- Voting for elections abroad
Get ready for April 10th and be sure to sign up!
Always wanted to solve urban challenges and make an impact in the city? The best ideas have the chance of receiving training/workshops, a workspace, coaching, access to the municipality’s network and €7000 to develop and test a prototype in the city! Apply for Startup in Residence The Hague, and who knows, the municipality might become your launching customer.
Applying is easy:
1. Go to www.starthubs.co and pick your challenge
2. Upload the required documents (one document containing a description of your concept and one document containing answers to a list of questions which can be found in Appendix 3 of the Tender Guidelines)
The last edition of Startup in Residence ended in December 2017 when our startups presented their developments at Demo Day. This was an inspiring event that attracted a lot of entrepreneurs, field experts and colleagues from the municipality. Some startups have since then been in discussion with municipality colleagues to further develop their prototype and sell their product: positive developments that made us eager to start working on the new edition!
Behind the scenes
In the past weeks, new urban challenges have been developed for the next edition of Startup in Residence. Civil servants came together to evaluate, brainstorm, discuss ideas with startups, citizens and experts in the field of entrepreneurship, provide feedback and develop urban challenges. These were dynamic sessions in which civil servants actively worked together.